Default al-Zarqawi - Dead

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
They said that in 2004 too....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4446084/

I agree, but within the last hour ABC News jumbed on the story:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=1331400

Just like a true right wing lemming, believe everything that the
righties tell you!!:
Here's the real story:

NBC News and news services
Updated: 8:45 a.m. ET Nov. 21, 2005
BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. forces "just missed" capturing terror leader Abu
Musab al-Zarqawi in a gunfight over the weekend in the northern city of
Mosul, U.S. military sources told NBC News on Monday.

The military had intelligence that indicated al-Zarqawi was meeting
with high-level Iraq in al-Qaida lieutenants, a Pentagon source said.

As soldiers closed in on the site, there was an exchange of small arms
fire, then it appears the three al-Qaida suspects blew themselves up to
avoid capture.

The military is conducting DNA tests on flesh and blood recovered from
the scene, but a Pentagon official said indications are that al-Zarqawi
is not among those killed.

"The information was solid. We just missed him," said one Pentagon
source.

And, because you lemmings still won't believe it, here's the URL:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10107233/