Sir Rodney Smithers

Default Canon PowerShot A610 Digital Camera

Bill,
Thanks a lot, I will check it out in the store.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
JohnH,

I screwed up. I need to update my criteria.

I want the best combination of compact size, quality and PRICE.

Thank you for your help. ; )

ps I can get the powershot a610 for $269 vs. $699 for the Nikon.

Remember this is a college student.

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:26:54 -0500, "Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about
my
knighthood. wrote:

I am trying to find a camera for my college age daughter.

I want the best combination of compact size and quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations of cameras I should look at?

Does anyone have any experience with the Canon PowerShot A610 Digital
Camera?

Get her the Nikon D50. Then, in a few years, she can upgrade to the
Nikon D2X.

http://www.penncamera.com/store/item...ARTMENT_ID=329

She'll love you.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite

Get the Pentax S5i. Just got one for my daughter and we used it for a
weekend in the sierras. Daughter had our Nikon coolpix. Was $299 at
Costco, but cheaper on the i-net. 5 megapixal and about 1/2 the size of
a cigarette pack. Good optical zoom. Get a 1 gig card for an extra $80
and she is good to go.

Make that the Pentax Optio S5i