Wayne.B

Default Bottom paint on prop

On 20 Nov 2005 20:44:21 -0600, Dave wrote:

I did just what you're proposing last year. When the boat was hauled both
the bottom paint and the barrier coat were gone, and the prop covered with
barnacles.

There are primers and paints that work well, even here in SWFL, so do
not take a defeatist position. My props and running gear were done by
Olsen's in Ft Myers Beach last year and they have done extremely well.
The primer they use is multi-step and bright yellow as they are
applying it. Other than that I don't know what it is.

Here are the Interlux recommendations:

http://tinyurl.com/8mdqx