Terry Spragg

Default Bottom paint on prop

Brian Whatcott wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:49:53 +1100, "d parker"
wrote:

"News f2s" wrote in message

///

Well, once a month I take a swim with a wire brush, take a few deep
breaths and the see how long I can stay underwater hanging on to the prop
shaft. But then I'm in warm water (never less than 18C) and it's clean and
clear.

Sorry, didn't really answer your question, but that's my conventional
wisdom on the subject.

JimB

hmmm... Ever thought of attaching a regular snorkel to some larger hose?
Vacuum hose is great with a float at the loose end. You can stay down a lot
longer. Some of the co2 you exhale will get re-inhaled each time. I havent
passed out yet though.. Fingers crossed.

DP

How about a y fitting from the snorkel to two vacuum hoses, the float
on one would have a caged ping pong ball for an outflow only
and the float on the other would have a soft sprung flapper for an
inflow only??

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

All you need is an exhalation valve at the mask, and an iron lung to
enable you to suck air below about 4 feet. Try it, just suck in
through the mouth using a harden hose and exhale through your nose.
Good luck.

Or a powered snorkel pump on a float on the surface, know as a
hooka, and some dive weights.

Terry K