charliekilo

Default Hydrogen fueled boating

"Dene" dene@(nospam) ipns.com wrote in message

I'm looking into my crystal ball and envisioning being a liveaboard on a
40
foot powerboat, 8 months out of the year, likely stationed in Savannah.
We
dream of touring the ICW, Gulf, Caribbean, and the Great Lakes.

Then we calculate today's fuel costs into the picture and gasp! Will
H-boats being standard in 10-15 years? Will fuel costs drop as supply
demands drops? Will a powerboater will be able to cruise all day for $50?

Discussion.

-Greg

From what I've seen most scientist think realistic fuel cell
technology...including the distribution factor in the equation, is at least
20-30 years out. Another big sticking point is the unknown -- if you believe
in the human induced global warming theory then we must be concerned with
fuel cell technology. The primary emission of a hydrogen powered engine is
water vapor; of the "greenhouse gases" water vapor is the most prominent
followed by CO2. So, what happens if we begin releasing millions/billions of
pounds of previously unreleased water vapor...will it exacerbate global
warming? Unintended consequences? As we all know, the road to hell is paved
with good intentions.