posted to alt.sailing
glenn P

Default Rudder plans or... assistance

As other said, if it's a transom mount rudder, a swing rudder is more than a
possibility, it's a necessity.

You will need engineering experience, or money & a good shop to get it done.
I have some plans I used for a trailer sailer years ao, but are too big for
my scanner. They also require access to benders.

"L Schultz" wrote in message
I put in on an inland lake in the Midwest US. This year so far they are
maintaining a significantly lower water level, and the spot I have for a
pier has me in about 14 to 18 inches of water. The boat itself has no
problems (22' South Coast) needing really only 10-12 inches depth with the
keel up, but I have a standard (non-swinging) rudder that appears to need
24-30 inches (+/-) depth.

Does anyone know of any sites that have general plans for building a swing
rudder? Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Lloyd

"Nollite illegitimus contarere vos"