posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Dan Krueger

Default ??? about clear plastic

Peter Bennett wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:32:13 -0500, dh@. wrote:

A lot of people around here have covers made for their
boats that will go around the front deck or a rear deck,
custom made of fabric and heavy flexible clear plastic
sown together, and it usually snaps and zippers in place. I
don't know what to call them. What I'm mainly interested
in is the plastic. Can anyone tell me some specifics about
it so I have an idea what to look for, and maybe even
where to get it?

Ask around for someone who does "boat canvas" - they will have, or
know where to get, that plastic.

You might also look in the Yellow Pages under "Plastic" for suppliers
of plastic sheet and other materials.

Shops that do custom convertible top replacements are another source of
high quality flexible clear plastic.

Dan