Default Mac 26

Yesterday, Ihad the opportunity to finally see a new Mac26 up close. I
was able to walk around her on her trailer but was not able to go
aboard or even look inside. From what i saw, I was impressed with
workmanship although her fittings seemed light. Her shrouds seemed the
right size but the fittings were sorta small to save weight. Her two
visible winches seemd small for what I am used to. However, I assume
her sail is also small to account for this. The double rudder looked
weird but thats ok. I assume the water ballast fills most of the
entire volume below the waterline so it seems like a lot. From the
cabin top, I think she must have far more interior volume than most
boats of that size. I would feel weird going over the cabin top to the
forpeak but would get used to it.
I was mostly impressed by the mast raising rig and the trailer made
just for her with many thoughts to details unique to her.
Many people say the Mac26 is ugly but I do not think so although I may
be aesthetically challenged. Similar boats that I do think are ugly
are the old and poorly made Buccaneer Bayliner (mostly occupying
landfills now) and Morgan Out Island boats. If you like boats purely
for traditional lines, the mac26 will be ugly to you. If you like
utilitarian designs, you might admire her looks.