Armond Perretta

Default Marathon, Fl to the Exumas

Rosalie B. wrote:

It is a very good guide, but I liked others better ...

I find the habit people have of referring to it as "the Bahamas Guide"
... as though there were no
other guides quite off putting and uninformative. There aren't that
many more letters to type "Yachtsman's" instead of "Bahamas"

I didn't like it as well as I expected to ...

Nor did I, but it is fair to point out that the "Yachtsman's Guide" was
introduced long before there were any other reasonably good books. In fact
it was introduced when "Yachtsman's" was used without fear of the PC Police.
This meant that old time Bahamas hands were never going to be convinced that
something better was or is possible.

BTW these are the same folks you will find at Volley Ball beach who have
been playing volley ball at Volley Ball Beach for well over 25 years. They
have no interest in expanding their cruising horizons beyond George Town
because George Town is, obviously, perfect. Why else would it be populated
each winter with 600 or so Yank boats? (I never seem to get around to
counting the Canadians, and of course the French don't count for anything).

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat (aka Ole Grain o' Salt)