Jere Lull

Default Mac 26

In article ,
"Dene" dene@(nospam) ipns.com wrote:

It seems that the Mac 26 is a hybrid which brings me to my question,
is it the design/versatility that a sailer purist abhors, or is it
the quality of workmanship, or both?

Pretty much both. It's not great at anything, and it's very "lightly
built".

Our previous boat was the Mac 21. When another boat clipped us while we
were moored, we suffered an astounding amount of damage and we couldn't
stint on maintenance as there was little reserve strength.

BUT, we sailed her for almost a decade. We did some astoundingly stupid
things and she didn't let us down. Was a blast getting into areas too
shallow for some dinks.

--
Jere Lull