posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Rosalie B.

Default ??? about clear plastic

dh@. wrote:

A lot of people around here have covers made for their
boats that will go around the front deck or a rear deck,
custom made of fabric and heavy flexible clear plastic
sown together, and it usually snaps and zippers in place. I
don't know what to call them. What I'm mainly interested
in is the plastic. Can anyone tell me some specifics about
it so I have an idea what to look for, and maybe even
where to get it?

The top is called a bimini. The front (toward the bow of the boat) is
called a dodger. The other side pieces are called side curtains.

We had some that came with the boat from the PO. Eventually it got
scratched and fogged and so Bob ordered some more and replaced it. I
don't know what it is called though so I'll have to ask him.

grandma Rosalie