JGK

Default Is an upgrade worth the Cost"

No Storage...I live in South Florida and the boats sees the water at least
once a month year round.. The dealer told me it was bad gas and not under
warranty. I think the longest it went just sitting was about 60 days.

"del cecchi" wrote in message

"JGK" wrote in message
. ..
"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
The 150 uses a completely different design and powerhead. It will

produce
lot more torque and probably 10 mph top end speed difference. I

would
recommend you go for it in the long run if you like the boat and

plan on
keeping it.
Now, not sure what you mean by dependability. The 125 should not be

giving
you and problems in terms of maintenance or down time. Please give

details
if you are having a problem. Should be solvable.

Since I have had the boat, I bought it new in 1999, I have had to

rebuild
the carbs, the dealer claimed the gas gummed them up, The

stator/rectifier
went out, Tach did not work but Voltage gauge was still showing 13+

volts,
impellors, last one only lasted 4 months. all work was done at a Merc
factory Dealership. Not to mention the engine still runs rougher than

think it should and hesitates on take off.

I've got the same motor (115 version). It is a 2+2, so if that bothers
you, then by all means upgrade. It will be worth the few thousand to
not be p.o.'d all the time. Carbs, impellers, stator, etc can happen to
any motor. There is nothing unique about the 125.

On the other hand, I wonder about that dealer. My motor is a 98, and I
have not yet had gummed up carbs. The impeller is original. I keep
asking the dealer and he says they last a long time in clean Minnesota
water. Sounds like the dealer screwed up the impeller. About the
carbs, how do you prepare for storage? Where do you live?

del cecchi