Rosalie B.

Default Marathon, Fl to the Exumas

Wayne.B wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:46:20 -0600, sherwindu
wrote:

I do notice a route in the Bahamas Guide
from the south bight of Andros to Staniel Cay in the middle of the Exuma chain. I cannot
recommend this route because I never took it.

Thanks. Do you happen to know the author of the Bahamas Guide that
you refer to?

I don't know which one he means (and all our books are on the boat
which is up on the hard in the yard), but I found the "Bahamas
Cruising Guide" by Matthew Wilson to be VERY helpful. The Explorer
Chartbooks (there are 3 of them) are also very necessary. Between the
two of them you can probably safely set off and do whatever route they
both say is OK even if you don't know anyone else who has done it. I
also liked Steve Pavlidis's Exuma Guide Cruising to Exuma Cays.

I wasn't as enamored of the Yachtsman's Guide which everyone else
seemed to like. We also had the paper and electronic Maptech chart
kits, but the Explorer ones are better.

grandma Rosalie