posted to rec.boats.building
Denis Marier

Default Water in the bilge

I am returning from a boat shopping trip in North East US. I look at
some boat that have been yard maintained and on land for a while and one
boat in the water. When lifting the floor board on three boat on land and
one in the water I found that their bilge's were top full of water. The
bilge
pumps and float switches were under water. I wonder what the winter sub
zero temperature will do. I have had a sailboat for 24 years and never had
a bilge full of water. I wonder what could exactly be the cause of this
water accumulation.