posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Don White

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

next.victim wrote:
..

Mr. McKee,

I would be forced to determine that what has previously been said is
completely accurate, and given this case, I would have to find a
judgement against you.

Please go to:

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navru...les/Rule03.htm

below is exerted from the above:
For the purpose of these Rules and this Chapter [Inld], except where the
context otherwise requires:

(a) The word "vessel" includes every description of watercraft,
including non-displacement craft, WIG craft [Intl], and seaplanes, used
or capable of being used as a means of transportation on water.

(b) The term "power-driven vessel" means any vessel propelled by
machinery.

(c) The term "sailing vessel" means any vessel under sail provided
that propelling machinery, if fitted, is not being used.
Unquote-

I find the above parts b & c to be clear and compelling. In the case of
being used, the only interpretation possible for “propelling machinery”
would be the case that said machinery was actually providing the driving
force to propel said vessel.

I my have no authority here, but I strongly recommend that you deal with
your issues as you have presented yourself to be a clear and present
hazzard as the operator of a vessel underpower.

Name withheld by authors request

Bill is one of those 'know it alls' that can never admit their own
ignorance.
Captain Nemo himself couldn't convince him the difference between 'stand
on' and 'giveway'. The only safe solution is a lifelong ban from
operating a power boat on public waterways. He should think about
re-locating to Derby, Kansas where he'd have all the roadside ditches
and farm ponds to himself....that is unless Skipper decides to buy
another boat.