posted to rec.boats,alt.sport.jet-ski,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Jeff

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Bill McKee wrote:
"Matt Colie" wrote in message
Billy believes he was the right(maybe the requirement) to take any vessel
anywhere close aboard at flank speed. He is convinced that, if a vessel
has any machinery onboard, it does not qualify as a vessel undersail
regardless of the situation. He has proven he is not capable of
interpreting Colregs the same way as the OMI to whom I wrote the pages of
my license examinations.

I just wish he had said where he is so we could all avoid him.

Bite Me. propulsion motor on, equal power boat.

But, that's not what the rules actually say. They are quite explicit,
the propulsion machinery must be used. A sailboat warming up its
engine, or running it to charge batteries, is still a sailboat.

OTOH, if they failed to use it to avoid a collision, they'd have some
explaining to do. But that's the case whether or not it was running.

Further, the sailboat's responsibilities are its concern. It's your
responsibility to treat a vessel that looks like a sailboat as a
sailboat. That includes not passing within 15 feet at 25 mph.