Rosalie B.

Default Marathon, Fl to the Exumas

Wayne.B wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:33:09 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

Then you could sail down the Tongue of
the Ocean safely at night.

Yes, that would remove a lot of uncertainty but be quite a bit longer.
Where did you exit Tongue of the Ocean?

We didn't do it that way. We have a 5 foot draft and are a slow boat.

We went to the Bahamas twice - both times by ourselves (so many people
seem to take a convoy). The first time we left our mooring in Miami
and went down around Cape Florida (this URL gives you the start of the
trip and then there is a link to the next section at the bottom of
each one) http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/2abf0/#TL and crossed
to Bimini and checked in there. Then we were weathered in for awhile
- we had intended to go to the Berrys or to Abacos. But it just
didn't look good for that so we went up along the west side of Bimini
and over to Lucaya. Then after another couple of days there when it
didn't look like we had a weather window unless we went NOW, we went
back to Florida instead of going anywhere else.

The second time, we were in Marathon
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/2e608/#TL and we left there late
in the afternoon and sailed up to we anchored off Tavenier and
anchored and then the next day we went up to Rodriguez and spent the
day there and then left that evening. We again went to Bimini and
checked in. After a day, we went north of Gun Cay and crossed the
banks (anchoring once) and went to Frazier's Hog Cay in the Berries
and stayed there a couple of days, and then went to Nassau. After a
couple of days there (including visiting Atlantis, my having a filling
replaced, and retrieving my glasses from the harbor), we started down
the Exumas, but Bob had a heart attack before we got to Great Exuma.

grandma Rosalie