rhys

Default Mac 26

On 18 Nov 2005 15:27:04 -0600, Dave wrote:

I'm pleased with the result. The 5 1/2' draft fin keel does limit our
getting in to a few places, and I do have to put on the autopilot for the
boat to sail itself, but the tradeoff in speed was well worth it.

I totally understand that. In fact, I'm trying to "long-term loan" my
current C&C design (fast if old) so I don't have to sell it when I buy
a passagmaking boat. We'll have no schedule to keep, and I would
prefer exactly those features you cite when doing a circ.

When I get back though, I would sell it pronto and take up where I
left off with my cruiser-racer, far more appropriate for the light air
and only rarely shoal waters of Lake Ontario.

R.