posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Salt River Paddle Trip from Roosevelt Lake to Granite Flat

Has anyone tried to paddle from Roosevelt Lake to Granite Flat along
the Salt River. I was looking at this on Google Earth and was
wondering if the three dams at Apache, Canyon and Saguaro Lake can be
portaged? I am looking for a Canoe Camping/Fishing trip that will take
a few days in the Spring/Early Summer. I have canoed down the lower
Salt River from Saguaro Lake a thoroughly enjoyed it. Also I would
need to know of shore camping. I know you can camp at Coon's Bluff,
And up the River from Canyon Lake. Are there any restrictions along
this route?

I have also found a guide for parts of the Colorado River along the
AZ/CA border at http://dbw.ca.gov/Publications.asp#C. There is one for
"Blythe to Imperial Dam" and one for "Davis Dam to Parker Dam".
I was wondering if anyone has details of the stretch between Parker
Dam and Blythe.