FMac

Default Marathon, Fl to the Exumas

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:27:22 GMT, "FMac" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
Are there any safe routes across the Great Bahama Bank south of Andros
Island that can be run at night or with poor visibility (5 1/2 foot
draft)?

If not, what is the best route from Marathon to the lower Exumas?

I understand your point but since I'd be going through the Keys in any
case, the southern route would save a lot of distance. Is there
really a lot of west flowing current on the banks? That seems
somewhat counter intuitive to me.

Counter intuitive. Interesting thought. However, you will be subjected to
a NNW current through the Santaren Channel coupled with a massive amount of
coral heads unless you head south to 23N. Good luck!