Wayne.B

Default Going RADAR!

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:25:44 GMT, Commodore Joe Redcloud©
wrote:

Putting the antenna higher, like
mounted on the mast, puts it up too high for seeing close objects.

With all due respect to Commodore Redcloud, this is not true unless
you are trying to spot something 20 feet away. I have my new Furuno
mounted on a mast bracket about 25 feet above the water which gives
excellent range at a distance, and goes down to about 50 ft close in.
I am very pleased with the overall performance.

My old boat had the radar about 10 feet above water and I always
regarded range as marginal even though it had a bigger scanner than
the new one.