Jim Cate

Default Mac 26

Captain Joe Redcloud wrote:

On 17 Nov 2005 18:08:04 -0800, wrote:

Kidding? I dont take anybody who calls themselves "Commodore"
seriously. Yes, I am serious and think the Mac26 has a place in
sailing. However, I own an S2 that does not allow me the mobility of
the Mac26. Can a Mac 26 be upgraded to hold up better? I dunno. I
looked over the Mac website and it seemed to say that it shouldnt be
sailed with no ballast, not that it shouldnt be powered with no ballast
(i'll look again to be sure). It is possible that it is a good concept
poorly executed.

You continue to make mistakes based on your own prejudices.

I am a commodore, so it is appropriate that I identify myself as such. Do you
even know what it means?

The Mac 26x or M is a death trap for anything other than daysailing in very mild
conditions. If you expect winds over 15 knots or waves over 2 feet, you don't
want to be on a Mac 26x or M.

A death trap? How many deaths have there been, Joe? A thousand? -
Maybe 500? 200? Since they are some of the most popular models ever
produced, with thousands still out there, surely you could cite reports
of several hundreds.

The performance claims for speed under power for the Mac26 are based on one
person on board and all mast and rigging REMOVED.

Mine are based on a loaded boat with two adults, rigged and with the
mast standing, and with a filled ballast. - Joe, would it help your
attitude if I brought you some more Coronas?

Jim