Default Mac 26

OK, I apologize for the sarcasm. However, From what I have seen and
heard, the Mac26 is an ok boat and the Mac26 web site is fairly clear
about the capabilities and useage. If someone wants to sail the ICW or
the Keys or other inshore waters, it seems like a very good boat that
will allow its owner to see far more places than most other boats.
Consider, a few months ago, I took my 28' S2 across the Gulf of Mexico
from St, Pete to Shell Pt (near St. Marks in N. FL) which took 36
hours. I did this because I was tired of the coast hopping routine and
wanted to get home. If I had a MAc 26, I woulda trailered her home and
been safer.
For those who say you cannot power a Mac 26 at 22 kts, consider, going
from Miami to Bimini would take my boat 10 hours at 5 kts but would
only take the Mac 26 5 hours at 10 kts. There are waaaaaaaaaaay more 5
hour opportunities than 10 hour ones and much less opportunity to get
caught out in bad weather.
My remark about the Mac 26 being poorly executed was ill informed as it
appears to be well executed. I suspect that if most people here would
realistically assess their sailing, a Mac26 would be a better fit than
a heavy deep keel boat.