Don White

Default Carribean Sail

Harry Krause wrote:

Get to the "Y" or whoever does this in your area and get some sort of
SCUBA certification. You can rent all the gear you need down there.
There's plenty of good diving in relatively shallow waters.

Not sure about that...this is the character who sold me some of his old
gear when we were in our 20's. he loaned me a tank and said he would
teach me to scuba dive. I went out , dove down but couldn't breath.
I popped to the surface and told him the problem. he said I was just
panicking and try again. I did..still no air. I went back to sure
thinking I had some kind of defect that kept me from breathing normally.
As I undressed, he came ashore, took a look at my bottle and said..."oh
yeah.. I forgot to fill that tank".
Tried it once more, here in the cold dirty harbour...got down about 20
feet in a little narrow channel in a cove...saw a few fish but no one
else. They took off on me. I popped to the surface, inflated my vest
and swam to the shore. That was the last time I tried diving.
I'd better stick to snorkeling.