LaBomba182

Default Moderator?

Subject: Moderator?
From: (LaBomba182)

From:
obull (CCred68046)

Or perhaps the people like youself who don't understand the meaning of the
word
"spam".

http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

"Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups by overwhelming

them
with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant posts."

Its obviously you who does not understand.

Based on that quote taken out of contexted perhaps.
But taken in the context of the whole article, perhaps not:

"There are two main types of spam, and they have different effects on
Internet
users. Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20 or more Usenet
newsgroups. (Through long experience, Usenet users have found that any
message
posted to so many newsgroups is often not relevant to most or all of them.)
Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers", people who read newsgroups but rarely or
never post and give their address away. Usenet spam robs users of the utility
of the newsgroups by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other
irrelevant posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system
administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their systems."

Note the quote:

"Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20 or more Usenet
newsgroups."

The OT posts you/we are talking about are NOT (in the vast majority of cases)
sent to multiple groups.

Nor are they aimed at lurkers:

"Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers"".

Nice try though.

Capt. Bill

Opps! Forgot to add this to the above:

"The term "spam," as used on this newsgroup, means "the same article (or
essentially the same article) posted an unacceptably high number of times to
one or more newsgroups." CONTENT IS IRRELEVANT. 'Spam' doesn't mean "ads." It
doesn't mean "abuse." It doesn't mean "posts whose content I object to." Spam
is a funky name for a phenomenon that can be measured pretty objectively: did
that post appear X times?"

Note:

" Spam is a funky name for a phenomenon that can be measured pretty
objectively: did that post appear X times?"

And:

" It doesn't mean "posts whose content I object to"

http://www.cybernothing.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq.html#2.1

Like I said, nice try.

Capt. Bill