Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Help, my small ship has come in, I have a dream!

"cruisenews" :

Important reading material:
http://web.media.mit.edu/%7Etim/pix/cuba.html

Interesting, but this man is a fool.

A) He never filed plans or even a destination with a friend.

B) He started hir trip without even know where he wanted to go.

C) By himself, Cuba, Gulfstream, known coming storm, very small boat? Need I
say more?

One main reason I am thinking of the Bahamas is so I never am out of sight of
land, and have no plans to spend night on the water.

http://www.mit.edu/people/robot/yucatan/index.html

Same idiot, new problems. Come on now, this guy seem to be having fun in a
way, but all his actions seem very dumb to me. No map/charts of the before
he sets out. Dry bags that don't stay dry (what type of junk bags is he
buying?). He did not even have a completed boat when he started out, or have
a pre-arranged boat/wood store to get the needed extras.

At the very least I plan to have all the parts needed before I arrive. My
dry bags stay dry even if you push them under water, I already have some
charts and plan to buy the latest available before I go. There probably be
lots of problems ahead, but the whole reason I am posting here is to find out
what I don't know. This guy just blindly sets sail without the less bit of
preparation.

More fodder:
http://cruisenews.net/search2.php?search_term=canoe

And thnks this looks like lots of interesting reading ahead for me.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to