posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Gary

Default deck hatches

Pete Verdon wrote:
Duncan Heenan wrote:

"Pete Verdon" d wrote

How would you fix the forehatch board in place if the glass/perspex
were to break?

Mine are fashioned on the assumption that the whole of the hinged
opening part, frame and all, has gone (or is folded flat), and simply
blanks off the opening.

Right, but how do you plan to secure it in place?

I'm not trying to nitpick, by the way, I'm just curious.

Pete

The way we do it with portlight emergency covers is with a long bolt (or
two) and a wing nut reaching inside to a wooden bar that goes across the
hole like a damage control plate.