Don White

Default How To Correctly Use Flush Adapter?

wrote:
I've never had any trouble running an outboard on the muffs. I'd try
adjusting the pressure, if I knew that the water temperature was
getting warm enough to open the thermostat.

I have solved the problem by running the motor in a small water tank.
With this setup, I can see the telltate water stream coming out that I
could not see when I used the flushing earmuffs. And the motor
temperature didn't go over 130 degree when I ran the motor for 10
minutes.

I still cannot figure out why the flushing earmuffs cannot give me the
desired result. May be I should have increased the water pressure to
almost full pressure. But I don't want to risk damaging the impeller
in the water pump. Moreover the small water tank is _much_ cheaper
than the flushing earmuffs ($5 vs $30). Seem like I am better off
using the small water tank instead of worrying about how to get the
flushing earmuffs working.

Jay Chan

Don't forget, that water in the 'small tank' will heat up because of the
exhaust .