Ronald Raygun

Default deck hatches

Nigel wrote:

I need to buy a new deck hatch. The choice seems to be either a Lewmar 60
or a Houdini super 50 foredeck hatch.

There's also Gebo. I've recently replaced a Lewmar 60 (I think it's a
60 - approx hole size 50x50cm) with a Gebo from Seateach for £237.

They are both the same size (they're both the same size)

Something tells me they might be the same size.

The Lewmar has Perspex (12mm I think) and the Houdini
6mm toughen glass. Houdini are a lot cheaper

My Lewmar was of the older "roll-stop" design. I replaced it because
the perspex had cracked, as a result of the Lewmar's design feature
that the click-stops only go as far as 90 degrees. If you push open
beyond straight-up, it just falls fully open, unbraked, onto whatever
happens to be lying on deck at the time, such as the anchor. :-(

You can have my broken Lewmar if you like, and if you want to see if
you can pop the perspex out of its frame and source a replacement, and
drill holes for the handles and transfer them.

You can have it for £0 plus postage.