Default How To Correctly Use Flush Adapter?

wrote:
: I am trying to run a 1995 Mercury 115HP 2-stroke outboard motor for 10
: minutes in order to get the treated fuel to the fuel system (for
: winterizing). Because I am doing this out of the water, I need to use
: a flush-earmuffs to pump water to the lower unit. But I am having some
: problems in using the flush-earmuffs:

: - I was setting the water pressure to about half way. But I didn't
: see the "telltale" sign of water stream coming out from the back of the
: motor when I was running the motor. All I saw was water coming out
: from around the flush-earmuff, and from around the propeller. Is that
: normal? Should I increase the water pressure (knowing that I should
: not use full water pressure)?

Turn the water faucett on completely open, not 1/2 way. I don't know why
anyone would want to run the risk of overheating an engine by turning
it on 1/2 way.

Note that you will be putting pressurized water in to the impeller with
the hose adapter. That may mask a problem with the impeller. Using
a barrell isn't a good idea with a 115 HP engine. It will heat up
quickly.

Keep an eye on the temperature gauge as you have been doing.

b.