Default How to Check If Oil Injection System Is Working Or Not?

No. You are looking for the actual amount that the injectors would be
putting into the cylinders.... if they were still connected.
You may find a clogged injector or (if equipped) check valve.

OK. Now I understand your suggestion.

Would the motor sound alarm if it doesn't get any oil from its oil
injection system?

No. It would never know. It assumes... and this is the problem... that
if there is oil available in the tank, the system will work
properly... it CERTAINLY may not.

I see. Thanks for the warning. This means I cannot rely on the motor
to warn me.

I hope I will find out the answer from the motor maintenance manual
that I mail-ordered yesterday.

Read it thoroughly.... and I HOPE it is a FACTORY service manual....

No. It is a maintenance manual from Mercury for explaining things like
where the oil-filling plug is, how to replace lower unit oil, how to
change filters...etc. It is not a service manual for repair.

Jay, not to be an assh*le.... but, at this point in your education,
all of this seems a bit beyond your experience level.

I highly recommend that you enlist the services of a highly trained
mechanic to assess and diagnose the condition of your engine.

Mistakes, while highly educational, can, with marine engines, be
terrifically catastrophic and expensive. You are headed in the right
direction.... seeking information and learning about your new toy...
but don't make an expensive mistake in assuming you know more than you
do.......

Yes, I understand your point. I am just trying to find out if I really
have a problem or not. At this point, I don't really know if I have a
problem or not. If I really have a problem in the oil injection
system, I will bring it to a marine mechanic. If I don't have a
problem, I don't need to do so (unless I have some other things that I
need them to fix).

Thanks for the warning though.

Jay Chan