Don White

Default Which cities have ocean access?

WebColin wrote:
I need to work, but I can do much of my consulting work remotely. I also
want a place that has snow cover most of the winter, culture within a couple
hour drive, etc. So, as you can see, I want to cross reference several
factors in looking for a good home.

Because I'm a novice, I'm quite ignorant on whether certain cities have
ocean access or not and how easy it is to get to and from the ocean from
those ports. I want to find out so I can limit my other searches to towns or
cities where I might have a slip off the end of my yard or within a
reasonably short drive.

You said a single book could cover just Nova Scotia. What if we limited it
to just a list of major towns and cities with ocean access?

snip..

My next door neighbour makes a living as an Information Technology
consultant. He moved down from Ottawa with his Aloha 27.
http://www.halifaxinfo.com/
http://www.halifax.worldweb.com/
http://www.discoverysailing.com/pages/photos.html
Numerous other towns such as Lunenburg, Mahone bay, Chester etc.
Don't forget Baddeck on the Bras d'Or Lakes in Cape Breton.
http://baddeck.com/