JGK

Default Is an upgrade worth the Cost"

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
news:d4w2c.491243$I06.5326755@attbi_s01...
The 150 uses a completely different design and powerhead. It will produce

lot more torque and probably 10 mph top end speed difference. I would
recommend you go for it in the long run if you like the boat and plan on
keeping it.
Now, not sure what you mean by dependability. The 125 should not be

giving
you and problems in terms of maintenance or down time. Please give

details
if you are having a problem. Should be solvable.

Since I have had the boat, I bought it new in 1999, I have had to rebuild
the carbs, the dealer claimed the gas gummed them up, The stator/rectifier
went out, Tach did not work but Voltage gauge was still showing 13+ volts,
impellors, last one only lasted 4 months. all work was done at a Merc
factory Dealership. Not to mention the engine still runs rougher than I
think it should and hesitates on take off.