D-unit

Default Engine starving for fuel?

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:40:00 GMT, "Gaziger" wrote:

After running the boat for a while then turning it off so that it cools
down, if the boat just idles it will quickly die and not restart. I have
found the fuel filter is only about half full of fuel. If the fuel

filter
is refilled, the boat will do just fine at a fast idle or full operation.
It the engine is turned off it will immediately restart with no problem.

It
is only when allowed to set that the problem manifests iteself.

This sounds like vapor lock to me.

I have never fully understood this problem even though I've been told
I've been a victim of it.

I pulled the fuel line loose from the filter and blew back into the tank.
No obstructions. Any ideas? Do I need to pull the tank? Help!!!

If you suspect the fuel tank, Bring a 6 gallon portable tank and run
the engine from it.

db

I think that the tank is an unlikely culprit if the engine performs
correctly at cruise.

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide