Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Help, my small ship has come in, I have a dream!

Jere Lull :

In article ,
Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

How hard will transfering the craft to the Bahamas be?

Who is the best to contact? Airline? Cruise boat? Or the special boat
transporters? Private boats making the crossing?

What else should I be thinking off.

Could possibly be tough to get it across, but I'd look towards a mail
boat or ferry.

Some will say you're crazy, but if you choose an appropriately sheltered
area, you'll be fine if you take reasonable precautions.

I have already been camping out of this canoe for the last twelve years. In
that time I had to deal with some very bad weather on land and my camping
gear is up to it. I have also had some very bad weather on the water, the
canoe can handle it if I keep it into the wind - plus I plan to cover a large
percentage of the top and add extra floatage chamberage to help keep out the
water and stay afloat if a storm does pop up.

That said, you might find it easier to do, say, the 10000 Islands
section of SW Florida or into the Everglades. Or if your goal is the
Bahamas, you might find it easier to go camping some place which will
likely have a kayak or Sunfish for use.

Ok, but the show on PBS and the surviour show on OLN that showed camping in
that area had the campers waking up to find themselves surround by sleeping
crocs. Seems they like the same areas that people like to camp. Up here in
Canada waking up to a thiefing chickmunk/mouse/rodent is normal (happens at
every popular park I have been, a poaching bear is a little rare (only had to
deal with bear twice - once a mother and cub so we left), or wolves howling
in the night (never meet any) - but srround by crocs is a little much for me.

Earl Colby Pottinger

PS. Did I mention I never, that is *NEVER* go out alone without a full
floation jacket on - and that is no matter hot it get! I made that mistake
once and once, and that was the one time the boat I was on sank like a rock.
Even to this day I still am shock at how fast a small boat fill up and head
for the bottom.

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to