Jeff Rigby

Default My old assertion that Bush hid intel...TRUE

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:

Regardless, the Democratic Vice Chairman of the intel committee saw
everything that Bush saw. Perhaps not every member saw the intel, but
the
vice chairman certainly did. And if you remember correctly, that vice
chairman voted "yea" to give the President authority to use force in
Iraq.

It's interesting to watch this talking point slowly become more
factual.

About 60 days ago, the Hannity/Limbaugh mantra was "All the
congresspeople were reading the same intelligence reports as the POTUS,
and they voted to go to war!"

Fact is, Bush dispersed that intelligence just like some folks cut 'n
paste to the NG.
Anything that supported his position was well circulated, anything that
cast doubt on the existence of WMD was suppressed or ignored.

Our government, in order to protect the people allow Senators equal access
to intelligence. Because there were too many leaks in congress of sensitive
materials a select committee was appointed made up of selected senators who
have full and uncensored access to intelligence, the same as the president.
The only advantage the president has is his own advisors who brief him
(interpret the intelligence) in a more timely fashion (daily). So to say
that the President had access to intelligence that congress didn't is a
lie!!!! All politicians lie but it seems democrats do it blatantly,
insulting our intelligence, our memory of events, our common sense..... The
only truly correct statement would be that there is too much information to
keep track of and the president may, because of his advisors gleaning the
information, have had a better handle on the accuracy of the intelligence.

If the democrats question this issue they only have to reexamine the
intelligence and see if that thesis has any support. So far, the first
committee on intelligence has said that theory doesn't hold water.

NOT true (subject of this thread)