Paul Schilter

Default Moderator?

John,
Well you know that there are people that if you say "no" to, they'll go
and do it in spite. Some of these people just love to argue. If you say
black, they'll say white. I guess a good percentage of these people aren't
like this in person but have an anonymous personality that they exercise on
the internet. For some of these people they seem obsessed with it. For my
part I feel sorry for them, they take this way too personal. I guess I'm old
enough to realize that most things just aren't worth arguing about, life too
short! And to keep this on topic, Happy Boating.
Paul

"John Smith" wrote in message
Doug, you seem to be a reasonable guy, and you are right when I am in a
marina the subject can vary, but if it becomes a brawl I and most other
boaters just move their boat to a different marina. I think that we have
had many knowledgeable boaters pick up their boats and either move to
another marina, or just get out of boating all together. As I said,

nothing
you or I say will make a difference, too many people seem to enjoy rolling
around in the mud, but let's not try to rationalize the behavior that goes
on in rec.boats as a discussion.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
If you're in a bar at a marina with friends, do you only talk about

boats?