Hoo

Default Inverter Wiring Question

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:14:10 GMT, chuck wrote:
I can't think of any problems that might arise, as long as there is no
possibility at all, ever, of connecting to 240 volt shore power with the
two 120 volt circuits connected in parallel! Doing so would probably
trip the pedestal breaker instantly before any real damage, but
nonetheless something to be avoided.

Go for it.

Chuck

================
Chuck, thanks to you and everyone else for all of the good
information. The rotary switch will select between generator, shore
power or inverter so there is absolutely no chance of a power
collision. The inverter is rated at 2KW but will normally be running
at much less, so capacity of the neutral wire should not be an issue.
We will have to carefully manage the breaker panel in order to not
power up too many things at once but that should be relatively easy.

One mistake that I once made on my old boat was to accidently turn on
the battery charger which caused the inverter and charger to chase
each other and pull down the batteries pretty quickly but that's easy
enough to spot if you are watching things.