Hoo

Default Inverter Wiring Question

My boat has two 120 volt circuits with a common neutral wire similar
to most homes. Normally they are supplied with 220 volts from either
a generator or shore power (120-0-120). There are no 220 volt
appliances or circuits out of the breaker panel.

I would like to be able to feed both 120 volt legs with a single 120
volt inverter through a rotary selector switch (both legs in phase,
instead of 180 degrees out of phase). There would be no possibility
of backfeed or cross connection with shore/generator power.

Does anyone know of any issues with doing that?