chuck

Default Inverter Wiring Question

I can't think of any problems that might arise, as long as there is no
possibility at all, ever, of connecting to 240 volt shore power with the
two 120 volt circuits connected in parallel! Doing so would probably
trip the pedestal breaker instantly before any real damage, but
nonetheless something to be avoided.

Go for it.

Chuck

Hoo wrote:
My boat has two 120 volt circuits with a common neutral wire similar
to most homes. Normally they are supplied with 220 volts from either
a generator or shore power (120-0-120). There are no 220 volt
appliances or circuits out of the breaker panel.

I would like to be able to feed both 120 volt legs with a single 120
volt inverter through a rotary selector switch (both legs in phase,
instead of 180 degrees out of phase). There would be no possibility
of backfeed or cross connection with shore/generator power.

Does anyone know of any issues with doing that?