DSK

Default Great Boats

"Gary" wrote
So what are the great boats? I think most would agree it isn't any
Benehuntalina. What about Valiants? Folkboats? Fast Passage 39?

The issue with the Benehuntalina crowd isn't that they're not pretty
good boats (many of them) but that they're so common.

What are the great all round boats considering seakindliness,
seaworthyness, speed, simplicity and the other attributes of a great
sailboat.

Usually the key attributes of a sailboat are functional opposites.
Seakindliness is very easy to achieve with a heavy boat, and a heavy
boat is slow.

Draft is a keey issue as well IMHO

Maxprop wrote:
The 40 and 41 Passports.

Shannon

Hinckley

Morris

Personally, I'd consider something like this
http://www.boatshow.com/Passoa54.html

Anything built by Carroll, Holby, or New Orleans Marine.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King