dadiOH

Default Glue & Stitch plans

Denis Marier wrote:
I have all the cut outs done ready to be stitched and glued.
In Canada the price of epoxy resin is more expensive then the United
states. I wonder how much epoxy and fiberglass tape are you
anticipating you will need to complete the D4 dinghy.

More than I thought. I started with 1 gallon epoxy + 42.5 oz. hardener,
just ordered another of the same (won't use it all). If you just do
fillets + tape on the seams, the original amount should be more than
enough but I'm covering all - inside & out - with 6 oz. glass cloth.
That needs about 1 oz. per square foot per coat and I'll need at least
two, probably three coats.
________________

As for price I will check with US composites and RAKA.

US Composites is $49.50 vs $87 for what I am using. Better prices on
most other stuff too...Cabosil, talc...
____________________

I wonder which one has better rating?

No idea but the stuff I've been using is just fine. Heck, if it weren't
for the fact that all the soil in Florida is sand I probably would have
used polyester resin.

Here (Canada) the West System goes for
about 128.00 CAD per gallon plus the cost of the hardener and pumps.

It's "OUCH" here too.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...