Bill McKee

Default Engine starving for fuel?

If it is the fuel pump, I have one that fits. Was having problems and
bought the new marine pump, was not problem, so install original pump back
on.
Bill

"Gaziger" wrote in message
I have a 1977 Sea Ray 240 with 351 Ford V-8. After replacing the heads,
carb, wires, plugs, coil, fuel pump, filter, points, & condenser I am
baffled. Some of the problems that started this whole quest have been
corrected but the final one is baffling to me.

After running the boat for a while then turning it off so that it cools
down, if the boat just idles it will quickly die and not restart. I have
found the fuel filter is only about half full of fuel. If the fuel filter
is refilled, the boat will do just fine at a fast idle or full operation.
It the engine is turned off it will immediately restart with no problem.
It is only when allowed to set that the problem manifests iteself.

I pulled the fuel line loose from the filter and blew back into the tank.
No obstructions. Any ideas? Do I need to pull the tank? Help!!!

Michael in Dallas