John H

Default Moderator?

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 04:03:56 GMT, "John Smith"
wrote:

Doug, you seem to be a reasonable guy, and you are right when I am in a
marina the subject can vary, but if it becomes a brawl I and most other
boaters just move their boat to a different marina. I think that we have
had many knowledgeable boaters pick up their boats and either move to
another marina, or just get out of boating all together. As I said, nothing
you or I say will make a difference, too many people seem to enjoy rolling
around in the mud, but let's not try to rationalize the behavior that goes
on in rec.boats as a discussion.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
If you're in a bar at a marina with friends, do you only talk about boats?

John, as Doug is probably still in bed now, I'll try to sneak in this
small correction. Doug is *usually* reasonable and *never* right,
although he is, quite infrequently, correct.

I think that once Bush is re-elected most of the off-topic stuff will
die down. People will grow to understand and love the guy from Texas,
and the mudslinging will happen only when we try to lie about our
latest catch.

In the meantime, I'm going to engage in much wishful thinking about
the Parker 2520XL. I was on one yesterday. It was a nice boat, but the
$67K price tag (with a Yamaha 225) still causes sticker shock.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!