Maxprop

Default Thank You JEFF!!!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

not to mention worth a fraction of the value of the cruising boats at
resale time.

How so? We could have had a nice J34c for 8K more and she was worth it
with a huge sail inventory. We looked at a Sweden 36 asking 66K, the
Pretoreon (sp) for 60K, J35 for 55K....the First 35s5 was in the same
price class.

A Sweden 36 or a Wauquiez Pretorian or a J35 or J34C for anywhere near what
you paid for your Bendy would have to be beat-up junk or showing their age
with minimal or outdated equipment. None of those boats could have come
close to the condition of yours in that price range. You can't lie about
this, Bubbles. I read yachtworld.com, too, and I know what those boats sell
for in the same condition as yours. Fact is, that Pretorian, for example,
won't depreciate at all at this point, rather it will appreciate if
maintained well and kept up to par with upgrades. Beneteaus will depreciate
long after high quality boats have bottomed out and are beginning to rise.

The baby Swan is more expensive by a mile, but the last
few years have seen 35s5 prices actually go up along with the late
model C&Cs and J boat cruising models.

LOL.

Max