Default NotWTB Kayak plans

Is there a way I can delete this post? It was not my intent to cause a
problem. I have two threads going. I really would like to kill this
thread.

Brian Nystrom wrote:
Mike Beede wrote:
In article 3FFcf.7336$941.840@trndny02,
Brian Nystrom wrote:

It's illegal to sell "used" kayak plans. When you purchase plans, you
purchase the right to build one boat with them. Designers have a right
to expect to be paid for their expertise. They have to make a living, too.

Do you have a citation for this law? I'd have imagined that
like any other copyrighted material that you could resell it to
your heart's content.

Then you apparently have no idea what a "copyright" means. What do you
think all the lawsuits over distributing music over the internet and
pirating software are about? Do you think you can just copy a book or
video and sell it? Try that sometime and see how long it is before you
receive a "cease and desist" order and/or the authorities come knocking
on your door. A copyright gives the owner exclusive rights to sell their
intellectual property. How they sell it an what rights the purchaser has
is up to the copyright holder.

As it applies to kayak designs, the majority clearly state that
purchasing their plans gives you the right to build one boat using them.
Building more requires you to pay a licensing fee for each one. However,
some designers allow their customers to build multiple boats and there
are some plans that are distributed freely, In such cases it's clearly
stated as such.