Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Building a small Catamaran using pine and spruce.

Brian Whatcott :

Several people have suggested it: for a budget boat (and you must know
that clear spruce can have great strength/weight but it is not durable
nor water -resistant.) you could use premium water-base 25 year
external house paint. More water restance for the buck than any other
coat, probably. Or oil-base house paint. But tougher to clean up -
with costly (?) solvent.

Thank You. For some strange reason until you mentioned the paint I forgot
that I used a outdoor deck paint on my floating dock. All the parts that you
walk on show wear and sun damage but last year when I was working on the
barrells I noticed that the lower wood looked it new. I think your idea
will work out fine.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to