Bill McKee

Default Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
news

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

That wasn't the question. I asked you if it is possible for anyone
to come up with evidence which would convince you that our
contribution is worth controlling.

Not at the expense of the USA's future.

I know you won't answer the next question, but what the hell - typing
is free. Ready?
What specific changes do you think would be so disastrous to the USA's
economic future? No cutting and pasting. Pretend you're a reporter.
Summarize it in your own words, in two paragraphs or less.

From discussions I have had with environmental scientists and chemists
the "science" that is the basis of the Kyoto Protocols is of highly
questionable value and does not stand the scrutiny of the public eye.

The only people that are pushing the Kyoto Protocols are politicians,
hoping to look good for the next election, and those countries that
will be selling their pollution credits. The amount of pollution that
will be placed into the atmosphere will still be the same. What have
you accomplished?

Immediate solution is to start building nuclear power plants all over
the US and the world. This will do more to decrease pollution world
wide than anything else.

If you find it difficult to answer that for some reason, then tell
me if this comes close to matching your view:
"There's not a chance in hell that I'd believe anyone on this
subject, no matter how perfect their research might be. Period. End
of story, and I'm not listening any more".

The Kyoto protocols are nothing more than a redistribution of wealth
to the third world and communist countries. If you can buy and sell
polution credites then what does it accomplish?

By this, I suspect you don't like the system of pollution credits.
Neither do I. They're being used here, and they function as a free
pass for some companies to continue polluting. Have you written to
your legislators about it?

The pollution credits are nothing more than a redistribution of wealth
in mode of social engineering. Bringing the developing countries up by
bringing the developed countries down will only make everyone unhappy.

I'm talking for the moment about pollution credits traded only IN THIS
COUNTRY, between domestic corporations. It's the same diseased idea as
the international ones, except that we know which criminals voted it
into law. Have you written to your lawbreakers about this?

He wouldn't do anything about it because it benefits the little man in
some way.

No dancing. Are you one of those who believe that cleaning up a smokestack
will throw a utility into financial hardship, result in unemployment, and
turn a little town into a crime-ridden hell? That story?

Different argument. The thread is on Global Warming, not pollution damage.