Doug Kanter

Default Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

What if they're right? Or, more important, is is possible for there to
be ANY evidence that would convince you?

One major volcanic eruption spews more ozone depleting chemicals in a
week than mankind does in years. When Krakatoa erupted in 1883, upper
Midwesterners almost starved that year. Between the ash and chemicals,
it induced a volcano winter. Was snow in the Midwest in July and the
corn crop failed. We are seeing more solar activity. This does not
count? maybe it is man and all the political spewing that is
contaminating the air and causing the hot air warming. These same
"Scientists" were predicting a mini-iceage circa 1970. Maybe ice age
grant money dried up. As to Kyoto. Would only hamper the US. France,
being 80% nuclear at the time, was posice to make a killing selling
electric power. China, could still go along, burning excess amounts of
dirty coal, and no penalty, as they are a "Backwards" country. China is
the biggest cause of mercury in tuna and other pelegic fish. All that
coal burning release of mercury has to go somewhere, and that is out
over the Pacific.

That wasn't the question. I asked you if it is possible for anyone to
come up with evidence which would convince you that our contribution is
worth controlling.

If you find it difficult to answer that for some reason, then tell me if
this comes close to matching your view:
"There's not a chance in hell that I'd believe anyone on this subject, no
matter how perfect their research might be. Period. End of story, and I'm
not listening any more".

You are going to have to have hard evidence. Not the suppositions of the
bunch from Kyoto. Most of those were Psychologists, etc. Not the hard
sciences. Aren't these the same group that was touting coming ice age in
1970? My background and degree is in engineering. We require more than
some statement to the effect, we require proof. And proof has not been
shown. Why did we have Global Warming and cooling periods over the last
1,000,000+ years? Atlantis use to much CFC's?

OK. I just wanted to be sure you weren't using another scientific theory
I've heard around here, from NOYB, if I recall. It goes something this: "Any
attempt to improve a coal burning power plant's emission levels will have a
severe impact on the dividend I receive from the 1000 shares I own in that
utility". That excuse justifies a firing squad.