John H.

Default OT Insurance Co Warns About Global Warming Cost

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:03:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:08:35 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
John H. wrote:

I grew up on a farm in Minnesota. We had snow for several months of the
year. We
also had gravel roads. Believe it or not, they got snow-plowed!

Limestone gravel will reflect heat better than black asphalt, I would
think.

All kinds of gravel roads get plowed here.
If they didn't, a lot of people would be isolated.

Yeah, but that's not the same as a huge parking lot outside a major
grocery
store. People get real twitchy when food stores are dirty. Imagine what a
store would look like on one of those winter days when the sun melts just
the surface for a few hours. If it were a dirt parking lot, it would be
mud
for just long enough to the floors in the store to look like a barn.

Not dirt, Doug, gravel.

Besides, if we're protecting the earth from meltdown, what's a little dirt
on
the floor. That's why God made straw for brooms!

Gravel would be a great thing for shopping carts, Garp.

Yup, one might have to make two or three trips. Luckily, most Americans can use
the exercise.

Our local Giant doesn't allow carts in the parking lot. People go get there cars
and load them at the front of the store. Giant usually has a guy out front to
help. Works great!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes